Monday 21 March 2016

Recent lipstick purchases.

I have been trying out lots of Drugstore lip products recently!
The first on my list to try were the L'oreal Collection star which I believe have been re packaged. I love both of these shades The colour 'Barely Greige' is a muted grey nude which leaves a slight colour. The second one is called 'Barely Moka' which is a dark brown. I prefer the lighter shade over the dark one as its a lot easier to apply as its a pale shade. Both lipsticks are very moisturising although the longevity is not great. 
On the other hand the colour range is amazing and they have brought out lots of different shade ranges in the collection which are worth checking out. 

Another brand I have been trying out is Revlon, the Ultra HD lipsticks caught my eye as the colours looked so pigmented when I swatched them. I had been on the hunt for a drug store alternative to 'Morange' that isn't so fluorescent. The one I went for is 'Marigold' and I do actually prefer it over the MAC lipstick. The other shade I picked up is called 'Dahlia' which is a deep red verging on burgundy. Its very similar to Rimmel 107 which is an favourite of mine. These lipsticks are super hydrating and pigmented, I find they last a lot longer than the L'oreal lipsticks. 
Maybelline is another popular drugstore brand which I wanted to try. I have used their foundations and eyeshadows but never lip products. I picked up 2 lip polishes. which are a lip-gloss consistency. I picked up the shades 'Glam 1' and 'Glam 9' Glam 1 is a peachy nude colour similar to 'Creme cup' I havent really tried these out but I found both to be very sticky. Although I really like Glam 9 which is a pretty pink colour. I love the colours but the texture is just not wearable. 
Some other lip-glosses I brought are from the Tanya Burr collection. I picked these up for a from a factory shop so they are the older collection with different packaging than ones you can pick up in superdrug. I prefer the consistency off these more than the Maybelline ones although the colour pay off is more shear. Therefore I have been using these with a lip-liner which I find works well. Out of the three colours I picked up: Vampire kiss, Afternoon Tea and Enchanted Forest I prefer afternoon tea which is a nude pink shade. The purple shade 'Enchanted Forest' isn't a colour I wear often which is perhaps why it is my least favourite out of the three. 

Lipsticks are probaly my favourite thing to collect, I pushed the boat out a little by purchasing lip-glosses. The Revlon Ultra HD lipsticks in my opinion are worth buying and I am looking forward to a trip to boots to check out some other shades. 
Thanks for Reading!
In order right to left: Barely Greige, Barely Moka, Dahlia, Marigold, Glam 1 Glam 9 Afternoon Tea, Vampire Kiss and Enchanted Forest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment


 photo blanklogofull.png