Thursday 25 February 2016

Recent Make-up Purchases

Recently I have been feeling a bit spendy! I tend to go through phases of what I buy and for the last few months its definitely been make-up. A lot of things that I have picked up are not new releases but things that I have wanted to pick up for a while and just forgotten to!

Something which had blown up in the beauty world recently is the Nivea Men Post Shave Balm, when I heard that it was being used as a moisturiser/primer I was intrigued. For someone who tends to have dry skin I am always on the hunt for new products that are suitable for my skin type. I purchased it about 2 months ago from Superdrug when it was on offer for around £3.00! for something so cheap its definitely worth picking it up to try! I have pretty much used it religiously since I brought it! It makes my skin feel amazing and refreshed, I just put a little on and let it sink into my skin before I apply my foundation and it makes everything go on very smoothly.
 Another new buy for me was the Maybeline instant Anti-Age rewind concealer, I have heard a lot of mixed reviews on this and since I was on the hunt for a cheaper alternative for my MAC pro-longwear concealer I decided to try it out. I have been trying it out for a few weeks and I can honestly say I am not that impressed, I picked it up in the shade 'light' but for me it Is not light enough, There seems to be a very limited shade range which for someone with pale skin Is not great. I also am not keen on the applicator, when I have been using it I have been putting it on my hand and then using a small foundation brush. 

A concealer I have been loving is LA girls pro conceal, I got it in porcelain and it is perfect! very comparable to the pro-longwear. The colour range for this concealer is incredible and I have seen many Youtubers including Sarah Ashcroft using a darker shade for contouring! I think I will purchase a darker shade to do that as the product is a bargain as its under £5.00 I picked this up on Ebay as its not sold anywhere else in the UK. 
I've definitely got a palette obsession, eye-shadow is definitely something which I love to buy. I had heard a lot about the Morphe palettes so when they released the 12 shade palettes on Beauty Bay I decided that the 12NB was something I needed to get hold of. This palette has lots of beautiful transition colours as well as neutral all over the lid shades. One of my favourite colours is the deep plum colour on the left side it looks beautiful put through the crease lightly with a pencil brush. All of the colours are so pigmented but are easily blended. I am very tempted to purchase a few more of their palettes as they are so pigmented and easily to work with. 

Another palette I recently picked up is the Makeup Revolution powder contour palette. I brought it to use with my ABH cream contour palette to set the cream product. The Makeup revolution powder looks very similar to the ABH powder palette except with two highlighter shades. The middle dark shade is probably the colour that I use the most as its perfect for setting the contour. I am also in love with the two highlighter shades especially the silvery one. Makeup revolution recently brought out a cream version so if your looking for dupes for the ABH palettes definitely check this brand out as they are very affordable. 
When I saw that Benefit were selling mini versions of a lot of their products in Boots I was so excited, I was desperate to try out the High beam highlighter and it was only £5,00 which I think is great! I love to use this when I am wearing a matte foundation especially on a night out! I have not used it a lot but every time I have the finish has been beautiful! its very pigmented and in my opinion a little goes a along way. I definitely think its worth picking up if you want to try it but don't want to purchase the full size product. 

Finally I picked up another Maybelline colour tattoo, this is my third one and definitely my favourite. I find this one is a lot creamier than the other two I own (Permanent Taupe, On and on Bronze) but perhaps its because they've dried out. this looks beautiful all over the lid and just blended out or as a base for glittery eye-shadows or pigments. This will look beautiful in the spring with a pinky nude lip, but that isn't not going to stop me from using it in the meantime.  
Thanks for reading, Don't forget to follow me on Bloglovin and my other social media to get updates when I put up new post! 

No comments:

Post a Comment


 photo blanklogofull.png