Friday 19 February 2016

MAC Lipstick Collection


MAC Lipstick Collection 2016


I started off with one MAC lipstick which I brought myself for my High-school Prom but now I own 9. I'm very happy with my little collection and although there are many other shades I could buy, I feel it would be unnecessary! Just a heads up I am not really one to go for a lot of colour which means the majority of my collection are nude shades. 
The first one I brought was All Fired Up which is a Retro Matte. At the time I knew very little about lipstick formulas but I remember asking one of the girls in my local MAC for one that would last a long time and was a fuchsia pink.  All fired up is described as 'Bright fuchsia matte' which made it perfect for the occasion. I admit I had not really done  much research and having had this lipstick for 3 years I would say I wear it very little due to how drying it is on the lips. 

Secondly is Creme Cup which is the formula cremesheen which In my opinion is a beautiful pinky nude which for everyday wear is perfect. On the website its described as being a 'light blue pink' which I agree it has a blue undertone which looks great on cool toned skin. the longevity of this lipstick isn't great but its one of those lipsticks that does not take long to reapply due to it being fairly sheer. 

One of my favourites out of my collection is Ruby Woo which is also a retro matte which is described as being 'very matte vivid blue-red'. this is a lipstick that I always reach for even to layer with a more glossy lipstick or lip-gloss. I find it very wearable as its got good lasting power due to it being a matte. The blue tones in this lipstick works perfectly with my pale skin, putting Vaseline on before helps with the dryness but then I find makes it difficult to apply.

Next is Twig a colour that I had an obsession with through all of 2015, its a 'soft muted Brownish-pink', in the formula Satin. This formula in my opinion is the best, whilst being pigmented it is creamy and has a semi matte finish without it being too dry. Its brownish undertones makes it very autumnal. I like to pair this with Double time lip-liner which is also from MAC just to add to its longevity and create a neat line.


A lustre finish that I own from MAC is 'Plumful' it is described as being a 'Blossoming rose-plum' colour. the sheer formula of this lipstick means that when you have to constantly re apply. In my opinion I prefer the satin finish or the amplified over lustre due to they're longevity. I brought Plumful in the winter as an alternative to the purple lipstick trend that was going on in 2015, its a beautiful colour but due to its finish I find I don't reach for it very often.



My only limited edition lipstick that I own is from the Cinderella collection which came out at the beginning of 2015. Its called 'Royal ball' and is also a lustre finish. The sheer pink colour is perfect to wear over a lip-liner for an everyday look. The packaging and the fact that it was Cinderella themed was the reason I brought it,  the pale blue colour with gold details is so pretty. This lipstick is more for show than a purpose, I very rarely wear this as it is very pale and sheer. 





More recent additions to my collection include; Honey love, Velvet teddy and Morange. Honey love is a matte finish and is described as being 'light beige toned with rose' this colour is perfect for everyday but I often wear it with a dark smokey eye on a night out. Its long wearing which makes it perfect for special occasions. Honey love is very similar to velvet teddy but slightly more muted.

Velvet teddy is also a matte but i find it to be alot creamier than Honey love. This lipstick was so hard to get a hold of for a while but it was worth the wait.
Its described as being a 'deep toned beige' and I find myself using this quite frequently. I originally fell in love with Twig which is very similar but darker but velvet teddy is a close favourite.



The newest edition to my collection is Morange which I probably should have waited until summer to get but I had been lusting after it for a while. This beautiful orange lipstick I have often heard Zoe Sugg talk about and it looks so good on her. The formula is Amplified (on the website it says its an Amplified Creme) and its a very pigmented colour with a creamy finish. It is described as being a 'loudmouth orange' which fits it perfectly. This would look perfect with minimal makeup but also with a grey toned smokey eye. 

I think that buying Mac lipsticks is addictive and its not very often that a beauty blogger only has one! The Vanilla scent as well as the sleek black packaging makes them even more appealing, although there are always dupes  that are equally as good. 

The swatches bellow are in order of how i talked about them. Starting from the top; All fired up, Ruby Woo, Creme cup, Plumful, Twig, Royal Ball, Honey love, Velvet Teddy and Morange.










No comments:

Post a Comment


 photo blanklogofull.png