Sunday 21 February 2016

Wardrobe Staples (things you need)

Everyone has key pieces in their wardrobe, here are some of mine!
Black boots, no matter what your wearing they will go with your outfit. Black Chelsea boots are a must but who said you have to stop there? fringing has been a big trend this year so I had to get my hands on some tassel boots! obviously black ones as I am a women of very little colour. I like to have simple shoes that make a statement. My favourites have to be the suede Chelsea boots which I purchased from Public Desire in October, I literally cant get enough of these shoes. They are so comfy, they were not to start with but once I wore them in I haven't wanted to take them off since. Another pair which I adore are from Missguided and have a statement block heel. These are part of another trend which stemmed from Dior's perspex boots.  I must admit they are something which I just wanted I very rarely wear them as the pointed toe is a bit uncomfortable and the heel is a little to high for me to cope with. They're definitely one of them pairs of boots which are for occasions were there is very little walking involved and preferably a taxi. 
 Other must haves include polo neck/turtle neck tops or jumpers, they look amazing with sleeveless jackets and they are great layering pieces for both autumn and winter. There are so many variations whether its in the form of a jersey top or a chunky knitted dress. 
My addiction is definitely stripes, I love striped dresses, jumpers, tops everything! one place that I love to buy basic stripe tops from is Zara they always have so many variations! Like this one  which is perfect for throwing on over a leather skirt or jeans paired with a red lipstick for that French/Parisian style. 
I recently purchased this top/dress from Topshop which I have been wearing as both a dress with thick tights and also as a long top with a fur jacket. 

Another important item that definitely makes it as a wardrobe must have is oversized scarf's, they are more of a necessity during the colder months. Whether your wearing it as a scarf or wrapping your self in it as a blanket! they also can make a good umbrella to protect your hair from the rain. One place I think do amazing scarves is Zara which is were I got my black and white checked one. 

Something which is definitely necessary is a good pair of staple black jeans, I get mine from Asos as I find them to be the comfiest and most flattering for my body! I always buy the same ones and they are the Asos own jeans called 'Ridley' they are high waisted and you can get them in both ankle grazer and petite which is perfect for someone like me who is only 5 ft 2. I would say they are comparable to the Topshop Jamie jeans but in my opinion they are a lot softer.
A pair of nude heels are essential, I must admit that as a student I don't very often get the chance to wear heels other than meals or special occasions. But I adore these ones which I purchased from Asos in the summer for a wedding. I have worn them so much, they fit like a glove and although to begin with they were painful they are now very comfy. They are still available on the website I would strongly suggest everyone buying them,  you can buy them here. I have worn them with black jeans and a lacy top for a meal and I also managed a night clubbing in these. Investing in a good pair of heels is a MUST and if they happen to be pointed then you definitely  need them in your life. Some that are also very similar are these from Topshop which although are a little more pricey they are gorgeous and I have seen Topshop bring out different colour variations of these each season. 

Finally a floppy hat and sunglasses are definitely necessary as both can save you from a bad hair day as well as save you from the sun in the summer. I picked this hat up from Topshop its quite a large floppy hat which makes it a pain in terms of carrying around. Fedoras have become increasingly popular and are perhaps more versatile in terms of what seasons they can be worn! I've got a grey one on my wishlist which is also from Topshop. 
My favourite pair of sunglasses are from river island, I prefer cat eye ones as they are more flattering on my face! If I am being honest I have re purchased them a few times because I managed to break them which does indicate that they're not sturdy but they were under £15,00 so I didn't mind buying them again. The tortoise shell pattern makes them a lot more subtle as oppose to a black frame as well as adding more detail.

These are some of my all time favourite pieces that I love in my wardrobe and that I feel are must haves. Of course there are lots of other things that you may class as essentials but in my opinion these things fall under the category of being staple pieces.
Thank you for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment


 photo blanklogofull.png